#24: Practical Applications of the New Joint Commission Tobacco Standards – Revenue and Clinical Opportunities for Tobacco Specialists and Hospital Administrators (Schroeder, Fiore, Bars, Steinberg, Kotsen, Darville and Lawler, 90 minutes)
#23: To Smoke or Not to Smoke?: That is the Adolescent Question (Halpern-Felsher, 90 minutes)
#22: Electronic cigarettes: Marketing and Potential Public Health Impact (Ling and Grana, 90 minutes)
#21: Behavioral Health & Tobacco: The Final Frontier (ATTUD panelists, 90 minutes)
#20: Tobacco Use & Bipolar Disorder: Results from a Large Online Survey (Prochaska, 90 minutes)
#19: Updates on Smoking and Schizophrenia (Williams, 90 minutes)
#18: Menthol – Science, Policy, and Advocacy (Vargyas, Abrams, and Thornton-Bullock, 90 minutes)
Smoking Cessation Leadership Center Webinars
Training sponsored by::
University of California San Francisco
Summary of Training or CME :
Where does the training occur?:
Type of Training:
CME credits are approved for::
TQ Editors believe that SCLC webinars are Free if you do not want CME/CEU credits (although you should verify this). Also check number of CME credits offered for the training you want to do.
E-Cigarette Science News
- Electronic cigarettes-a narrative review for clinicians.
- Electronic Cigarette Sales to Minors via the Internet.
- Electronic cigarettes: poisoning in children.
- Orientation of US Young Adults toward E-cigarettes and their Use in Public.
- Perceived Characteristics of E-cigarettes as an Innovation by Young Adults.
Cessation Drugs Science News
- Experiences with the use of varenicline in daily practice in the Netherlands: a prospective, observational cohort study.
- A randomized controlled open comparative trial of varenicline vs nicotine patch in adult smokers: efficacy, safety and withdrawal symptoms (the VN-SEESAW study).
- Nicotine-patch therapy on mucocutaneous lesions of Behcet's disease: a case series.
- Nicotine patch vs. nicotine lozenge for smoking cessation: an effectiveness trial coordinated by the Community Clinical Oncology Program.
Second-Hand Smoke Science News
- Knowledge, attitude and perception of second-hand smoke and factors promoting smoking in Malaysian adolescents.
- Attributable fraction of tobacco smoking on cancer using population-based nationwide cancer incidence and mortality data in Korea.
- Transgenerational exposure to environmental tobacco smoke.
- Effects of active and passive smoking on the development of cardiovascular disease as assessed by a carotid intima-media thickness examination in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Surveillance of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in high-risk individuals by using regional lung cancer mass screening.
Hookah Science News
- [Spatio-temporal dynamics of fishing effort in a multi-species artisanal diving fishery and its effects on catch variability: insights for sustainable management].
- A Web-Based Program to Increase Knowledge and Reduce Cigarette and Nargila Smoking Among Arab University Students in Israel: Mixed-Methods Study to Test Acceptability.
- Lung function profiles and aerobic capacity of adult cigarette and hookah smokers after 12 weeks intermittent training.
- Understanding Attitudes, Beliefs, and Information Seeking Regarding Hookah Smoking in Parents of College Students: An Exploratory Qualitative Pilot Study.
- The Use of Fluorescence Technology versus Visual and Tactile Examination in the Detection of Oral Lesions: A Pilot Study.