Montana Quit Smoking Hotline and Free Phone Counseling
Montana Tobacco Quit Line
For Residents of:
Who is eligible for services?:
For these types of tobacco users:
Smokers and Smokeless Users (Dip and Chew)
Types of Services Available:
Free Phone Counseling: Yes
Multiple Sessions: Yes
Single Sessions: Yes
Self-Help Materials: Yes
Will Help Pregnant Smokers Quit: Yes
Provide free quitting medications?:
Nicotine Patches: Yes
Nicotine Gum: Yes
Nicotine Lozenges: Yes
Small Text Price Checker Ad:
- Not eligible for a full-course of Free Medications?
- Save some money by using the Price Checker
Notes about free medications:
Appropriate candidates are eligible for four free weeks of above medications.
Give discounts on quitting medications?:
Nicotine Patches: No
Nicotine Gum: No
Nicotine Lozenges: No
Nicotine Inhaler: No
Notes about discount medications:
May have copay charges. Call for info.
Quitline Phone Number:
1(800) QUIT-NOW (+1-8007848669)
E-Cigarette Science News
- Allow use of electronic cigarettes to assess risk.
- Position statement on electronic cigarettes or electronic nicotine delivery systems.
- Electronic cigarette use among adult population: a cross-sectional study in Barcelona, Spain (2013-2014).
- Electronic Cigarettes: A Policy Statement From the American Heart Association.
- Novel delivery systems for nicotine replacement therapy as an aid to smoking cessation and for harm reduction: rationale, and evidence for advantages over existing systems.
Cessation Drugs Science News
- Sentiment analysis to determine the impact of online messages on smokers' choices to use varenicline.
- Safety and efficacy of varenicline to reduce positive subjective effects produced by methamphetamine in methamphetamine-dependent volunteers.
- Human Brain Imaging of ?7 nAChR with [(18)F]ASEM: a New PET Radiotracer for Neuropsychiatry and Determination of Drug Occupancy.
- Pharmacokinetic-Pharmacodynamic Modeling of the Effect of Varenicline on Nicotine Craving in Adult Smokers.
Second-Hand Smoke Science News
- Disease burdens from environmental tobacco smoke in Korean adults.
- Lack of an association between passive smoking and incidence of female breast cancer in non-smokers: evidence from 10 prospective cohort studies.
- Communities Putting Prevention to Work: Local evaluation of community-based strategies designed to make healthy living easier.
- Self-reported maternal cigarette smoke exposure during the periconceptional period and the risk for omphalocoele.
- The independent effects of second hand smoke exposure and maternal body mass index on the anthropometric measurements of the newborn.
Hookah Science News
- Alternative Tobacco Product Use and Smoking Cessation Among Homeless Youth in Los Angeles County.
- Intentions to smoke cigarettes among never-smoking U.S. middle and high school electronic cigarette users, National Youth Tobacco Survey, 2011-2013.
- Unconventional materials and substances used in water pipe (narghile) by smokers in central western region of Saudi Arabia.
- Recent advances in oesophageal diseases.
- The hookah experience: Stop them before it's too late!!!!