Kansas Quit Smoking Hotline and Free Phone Counseling
Kansas Tobacco Quitline - KanQuit
For Residents of:
For these types of tobacco users:
Smokers and Smokeless Users (Dip and Chew)
Types of Services Available:
Free Phone Counseling: Yes
Multiple Sessions: Yes
Self-Help Materials: Yes
Will Help Pregnant Smokers Quit: Yes
Provide free quitting medications?:
Nicotine Patches: No
Nicotine Gum: No
Nicotine Lozenges: No
Nicotine Inhaler: No
Small Text Price Checker Ad:
- Not eligible for a full-course of Free Medications?
- Save some money by using the Price Checker
Give discounts on quitting medications?:
Quitline Phone Number:
1(800) QUIT-NOW (+1-8007848669)
E-Cigarette Science News
- E-cigarettes may work as well as nicotine patches in reducing and quitting smoking, but evidence is limited.
- Adolescents' Exposure to Tobacco and Alcohol Content in YouTube Music Videos.
- Electronic cigarettes for smoking cessation and reduction.
- Electronic cigarettes and alternative nicotine products.
- The importance of product definitions in US e-cigarette laws and regulations.
Cessation Drugs Science News
- Nicotine administration in the cholinergic basal forebrain increases alcohol consumption in C57BL/6J mice.
- Cytisine - A Tobacco Treatment Hiding in Plain Sight.
- A randomized phase II clinical trial of high-dose nicotine patch therapy for smokeless tobacco users.
- Smoking and mental illness. An update for psychiatrists.
Second-Hand Smoke Science News
- Occupational exposures, smoking and airway inflammation in refractory asthma.
- Establishing smoke-free hospitals in Vietnam: A pilot project.
- [Comparative analysis of risk factors for preterm and small-for-gestational-age births.]
- [Effects of electroacupuncture intervention on expression of pulmonary metalloproteinase-9 and tissue inhibitor-1 proteins in rats with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease].
- Antioxidant effects of hydrogen sulfide on left ventricular remodeling in smoking rats are mediated via PI3K/Akt-dependent activation of Nrf2.
Hookah Science News
- Women and tobacco: A cross sectional study from North India.
- Prevalence of Hookah Smoking in Relation to Religiosity and Familial Support in College Students of Tabriz, northwest of Iran.
- Waterpipe tobacco smoking: what is the evidence that it supports nicotine/tobacco dependence?
- Hookah pipes are associated with young people starting smoking, study finds.
- A review of air quality, biological indicators and health effects of second-hand waterpipe smoke exposure.