Florida Quit Smoking Hotline and Free Phone Counseling
Florida Quit-for-Life Line
For Residents of:
For these types of tobacco users:
Smokers and Smokeless Users (Dip and Chew)
Types of Services Available:
Free Phone Counseling: Yes
Multiple Sessions: Yes
Will Help Pregnant Smokers Quit: Yes
Provide free quitting medications?:
Nicotine Patches: Yes
Nicotine Gum: Yes
Nicotine Lozenges: Yes
Small Text Price Checker Ad:
- Not eligible for a full-course of Free Medications?
- Save some money by using the Price Checker
Give discounts on quitting medications?:
Quitline Phone Number:
1-877-U-CAN NOW (1-877-822-6669)
E-Cigarette Science News
- First TV advertisement for e-cigarettes prompts complaints.
- Awareness, Trial, and Current Use of Electronic Cigarettes in 10 Countries: Findings from the ITC Project.
- Prevalence and Reasons for Initiating Use of Electronic Cigarettes Among Adults in Montana, 2013.
- The electronic cigarette: the new cigarette of the 21st century?
- First versus second generation electronic cigarettes: predictors of choice and effects on urge to smoke and withdrawal symptoms.
Cessation Drugs Science News
- Randomised trial of two nicotine patch protocols distributed through a state quitline.
- Cardiovascular Adverse Events Associated with Smoking-Cessation Pharmacotherapies.
- Varenicline and Abnormal Sleep Related Events.
- [Smoking cessation: varenicline/nicotine patch combination more effective than varenicline alone].
Second-Hand Smoke Science News
- Passive Smoking Is Associated with Poor Asthma Control during Pregnancy: A Prospective Study of 500 Pregnancies.
- Licit and illicit drug use in cluster headache.
- Association between attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder and Perthes disease.
- [Risk factors of congenital heart defects in fetal and infants born from 2004 to 2011 in Guangdong].
- Effectiveness of a brief primary care intervention to reduce passive smoking in babies: a cluster randomised clinical trial.
Hookah Science News
- Benzene Uptake in Hookah Smokers and Non-smokers Attending Hookah Social Events: Regulatory Implications.
- Association Between Electronic Cigarette Use and Openness to Cigarette Smoking Among U.S. Young Adults.
- Is There Evidence for Potential Harm of Electronic Cigarette Use in Pregnancy?
- Multiple tobacco product use among US adolescents and young adults.
- Carbon monoxide poisoning following use of a water pipe/hookah.